How to fund your clinical negligence claim

There are a number of possible ways your claim could be funded:

  1. A Conditional Fee Agreement (often referred to as 'no win no fee'). Foot Anstey will consider taking your claim on a no win no fee basis depending on the likelihood of its success. For more information please click here.

  2. You may have legal expenses insurance. This could be as an extension to a motor insurance or home contents policy or as a stand-alone legal expenses policy. For the insurance to cover your claim, there must be a reasonable prospect of success. If it is concluded there is, the insurer will bring the claim using in-house expertise or use one of their panel solicitors. Foot Anstey are on a number of these panels and therefore may be able to make representations to your insurer on your behalf. If you do not currently have insurance you may be able to get after the event insurance, though the cost could be very high.

  3. Community Legal Service Funding (also known as legal aid or public funding) is available for clinical negligence claims. There is a strict legal and financial test. Again, Foot Anstey can make an application on your behalf. For more information, refer to the Law Society or Directgov.

  4. If you are a member of a trade union or trade association such as the NFU you may be entitled to free legal advice. Some employers provide legal costs insurance cover for employees.

  5. Private funding is also an option. This involves you paying all legal fees yourself. If you are successful, however, you may be able to recover some or all of the costs from the Defendant.

Please contact us to discuss funding options in more detail.


How can we help you?
Send us a emailQuick contact formcall usRequest a call back